Affordable, reasonably priced Organic skincare. Surely not?


As with Organic food, I have found Organic skincare the same.
Expensive.
Expensive and 'exclusive'. Exclusive to the few who can afford the prices on a daily/monthly basis.


We are constantly hounded by Organic food advertising.
I know it is so much better for me . I know it is hand reared, chemical free, pesticide free and all the rest,  but like the next person. I can not afford it.


I thought the same was true towards Organic Skincare, until now.


I was very fortunate to receive some lovely goodies from the good people at Purity Skincare.
Now, they were very generous and sent me their whole range.
Lucky girl.






Lovely, 'Pure' Product's.



Have you heard of Purity? If not I suggest you read on. If you have, I still suggest you read on.....



Skincare Snobbery.

Now. I am a self confessed skincare snob. Yes, snob.

I have worked for some very well known, prestigious cosmetic companies and have been very fortunate to try some truly gorgeous, indulgent, skincare products.
I hold my hands up. I love the excitement and 'thrill' of trying a brand new, high end skincare product.
My 'trained' eye and mind are somewhat drawn in by the clever wording, airbrushed faces and glossy packaging.
Over the years I have 're-trained' myself, ( I think this has come with age, experience and tightened purse strings ) and become more accustomed to the clever advertising and aesthetically pleasing 'frills'


I now shop for quality, and honesty. I want to know what I am putting on my face and what my skin is actually absorbing. I also want to know exactly what I am getting for my money.


Q.So what kind of products does this British, organic skincare company sell?

A.'Purity Organic Skincare is a British brand, conceived and created to bring intelligent, sustainable and organic beauty to each and every one of us.' ( Purity Website )

Q.Organic Skincare for all? Is it affordable?

A.Purity Organic Skincare has launched exclusively in 400 Superdrug stores nationwide - the company's first ever certified organic skincare range. All products are fragrance-free and suitable for sensitive skin. Purity Organic Skincare is an affordable range that can be used everyday, redressing the "elitist" barrier often associated with organic skincare brands. The products are priced from £4.99 to £8.99. ( Purity Website )

Q.Sorry, how much? Well that's a turn up for the books. And for Organic skincare?

A.Eco-cert certified, with 98% of the ingredients of natural origin and an average of 82% of the ingredients processed from organic farming. ( Purity Website )


Intrigued? Want to have a little peek at the products?




Finally, a foaming face wash that doesn't leave my face, tight.



The Facial Wash
Priced at: £4.99
This product contains:
Sweet Almond Oil ( Moisture retainer and skin conditioner )
Aloe Vera ( Renowned skincare ingredient with many benefits. Anti-inflammatory being one of them)
Glycerine ( Moisture magnet. Great for drier skins )
Coconut

I love the simple, concise packaging of this cleanser. It took me a while to work out how to open it, but when I did it made perfect sense. You push the lid down, and the opening pop's up. This save's a lot of mess on the users part. ( wet hands and plastic packaging does not bode well with me )

The actual product when used left my skin feeling 'clean'

I know this is the desired effect of cleansers, but how many actually leave your skin feeling like that?
The following, some what, strange comparison was the best way I could describe how this cleanser made my skin, 'feel'
You know that mind numbing feeling you have when your sinuses are completely congested? When you feel down right awful, just wishing your airways would open, for just a while?
Now, can you recall the fantastic feeling you have when you get out the Vix or Olbas Oil, and for a short time you breathe it in and your sinuses, miraculously, open up?
This is how I compare the 'clean' feeling. Maybe a strange comparison. But that's exactly how it feels. Like your skin is breathing, and any 'congestion' has lifted. Your skin has a 'zing'.

No residue was left on my skin. It did not feel taut or in desperate need of moisturiser afterwards, which I'm afraid is my past experience of foaming/gel cleansers.


Now, for those who like a creamier consistency to their cleansers I would highly recommend this product.
Conditioning Cleansing Lotion
Priced at: £4.99
This product contains:
Sweet Almond Oil
Aloe Vera
Glycerine
Oats ( Another recognised, skincare saviour. Great for drier skins. Especially, Eczema )
Avocado Oil ( Condition's skin )
Rose Water ( Tones the skin )




Get rid of the day's stale makeup. Eye friendly.



This is yummy.

It has a lovely rich feel. Not really heavy in texture. The consistency is still light, but rich at the same time. I would say  the consistency is a little lighter than double cream.

I used it allover my face and eyes.
As I often mention in my posts. I often wear a lot of makeup for my job. This stuff was great in removing it all.
Being fragrance free, it left no sting in my eyes, nor did it leave my vision blurred.
If your prefer the feel of a cream cleanser to a gel one, this product is fab.



Facial Exfoliator.
Priced £5.99



Coconutty


This product contains:
Coconut Shell ( The exfoliating properties lie here )
Coconut Oil
Sweet Almond Oil
Aloe Vera
Glycerine

Now, I love exfoliator's. In fact, I love exfoliator's that are very thick and almost, 'rough' in texture. I have congested skin, and love the feel of a product that rubs my skin up the wrong way!
I already have an exfoliator I adore, so I wondered how I would get along with this?

Purity's exfoliator is, again, not too rich in consistency. It is quite light and doesn't feel too heavy when you are applying it to the face. The exfoliating properties lie in the coconut shell that is contained in the product. I loved the idea that in reality, I was rubbing coconut onto my face.
Even though it didn't feel like the product was really exfoliating, ( as I said, I love rough and ready exfoliator's ) as it was so gentle, after I washed it off, it did leave an extraordinary glow to the skin, and an undeniable 'silky to the touch' feel.
Nifty.

Now, they do say that exfoliator's for the face should be gentle, and that the ones for the body should be fuller and more coarse in texture. ( But I love my thick, rough face exfoliator's. Naughty Ruth )
Even though it felt different, it gave fantastic results.....

So far, so good.

Up next we have the
Anti Aging Mask and Serum.
Priced at: £8.99
It has has a very 'gloopy' texture to it, ( yes, that is the only word I could find to describe it! ) like a serum normally does, but a lot thicker.



Have fun pulling faces in the mirror when this has dried. Did I? No......
 

This product contains:
Sweet Almond Oil
Aloe Vera
Cranberry Seed Oil ( Rich in Omega 3 , 6 and 9. Repairs skin and assists with moisture retention )
Rosewater ( Tones )
Vitamin E ( Anti-oxidant)

Now, if any of you have ever used one of those face masks that you have to peel off? This is how it feels. After applying it, and the product start's to dry, it tightens on the skin. The difference being with this mask, is you wash, rather than peel off.  I loved catching a glimpse of myself in the mirror when it had fully dried. It had tightened my pores that well, it looked like I had none. (If anyone knows of any skincare product that actually does that please, get in touch.)

I looked like a waxwork model. If only my skin looked like this everyday......

Anyway.
With this Serum you can leave it to dry and wash it off. Or leave it over night. I wouldn't bother leaving it over night. I found the next morning most of it had rubbed off and bits of my pillow fibre's had actually stuck to my face. ( I looked in need of a good wash )
Leave it on as advertised  ( ten minutes ) then wash it off. You see a difference in the skin immediately.


Anti-Aging Moisturiser
Priced: £5.99



Prime your skin with this fabulous Moisturiser


This product contains:
Coconut Oil
Sweet Almond Oil
Shea Butter
Vitamin E
Beeswax ( Sooth's, softens and protects )

Now, this moisturiser is very different to anything I have used before.
The consistency of it is creamy, rich, and only a little is needed.
What I noticed is that the cream takes a while to absorb into the skin. You have to 'work' the product into your skin as it almost has a waxy texture to it. ( this, I assume, is the Beeswax ) When it eventually absorbs into the skin, it leaves a lovely finish. I noticed as the moisturiser was not 'greasy' it left a lovely demi-matte finish to the skin.
As well as leaving a lovely, natural finish to the skin, it also ( although I'm not sure how ) acted like a primer. My makeup seemed to last a lot longer than what it normally would.
My conclusion is, due to the product drying to more of a matte finish and not being overly greasy, my makeup, naturally, sat better.

Finally, we have.

Anti-Aging Moisturiser.
Priced at: £7.99



I heart you.


Cranberry seed Oil / Omega 3,6 and 9 ( Fatty acids essential skin needs to prevent anti aging )
Rosehip Seed Oil ( Skin restoring and softening )
Vitamin E
Ceramide 3 ( Limits water loss )
Rose Water ( Tones )
Sweet Almond Oil
Shea Butter
Aloe Vera
Beeswax

Wow! All this for only £7.99! Serious skin benefits here!
The consistency of this product is very different to the daily moisturiser.
Its richer and fuller in texture, but also richer when applied to the skin. It is alot easier to 'work' this product into the skin.
This, alongside the Serum mask, are my favourite Purity Skincare products.

So. Has my Skincare Snobbery been cured?
Yes.

I am so happy to have had the opportunity to sample and review these products.
My misconception, that all Organic Skincare is overly priced has been changed.

My skin has really taken to this product range. The moisturisers in particular have made a noticeable difference to my dry and lack-luster skin.

If you only try one product from this range, splash out on the serum, or one of the moisturisers.
If you are a mom, wanting to find her teenage daughter a great, first time, skincare regime, then look no further.
You have the peace of mind, knowing what she will be using on her skin is Organic, filled with goodness and won't upset the delicate balance of the teenage skin.

I love this skincare brand.
Just fabulous.

Purity, I put it to you.

If you ever extend your range, please, please, please bring out an, Eye cream and Facial oil. This would be pure heaven to me.



If you are on the look out for some new skincare, if you want the peace of mind, knowing the products you are using are organic certified and will do your skin some good. If you turn your nose up at pretentious price tags or veer away from the exclusivity of 'organic' skin care products. Then give this skincare range a try.

Finally.
'Exclusive' organic skincare, available to all.

Have a snoop on their website here:
http://www.purityorganicskincare.co.uk/index.html

RuthE
x



Comments

  1. hey!
    so great review ^_^
    we love your blog and will follow you.
    Click here for info on Organic Skincare

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts