Sanctuary BB Cream

BB Cream.
The first time someone asked me if I used a BB Cream, I looked at them, dumb founded.

Sorry? A what cream?
What on earth is a BB cream?

Blemish Balm, Beauty Balm........
I don't know if I should admit to this, but I have yet to try one.
I know, I know. I hear your gasps.
I can get very stuck in my ways, I know what I like ( makeup wise ) and rarely change.


But It seemed everywhere I went someone was talking about this, BB cream. I wondered, do I need to invest in some of these for my Makeup Kit?

As I was stocking up on some essentials in Boots the other day, I was faced with, yet again, another advert for BB Cream.
Something had to be done. It was time. Time to leave the stability of my full coverage foundation and venture into the unknown. Already adament this so called, BB Cream would have no power over my trusty Studio Fix, I wandered over to the nearest makeup counter to have a ponder.

Pushed for time ( as always ) I had a little play, but nothing really took the shine off my love of foundation and I left, unattached.

A few days after this insignificant shopping trip, the lovely people at Sanctuary got in touch and almost as though they had direct access to my thoughts, I received in the post the following.




Oh look, a BB Cream!  Thankyou to the lovely people at Sanctaury who, it seems, possess pyschic abilities as well as make gorgeous skin care products


Now, if that isn't the makeup/skincare world trying to tell me something, then what is?!

I am already a huge fan of anything 'Sanctuary'. Their products already fill the majority of my bathroom shelving.
So to recieve a BB Cream from them was a total Brucy Bonus. ( See what I did there? )
Anyway....

Did it live up to the BB Fever that seems to be taking over, to be frank. The world?
Read on my lovely viewers.


The first thing that hit me when I opened this product was the smell.
De-licious.

The smell of this product is just gorgeous, infact, addictive. Closing my eyes, the smell reminds me of  long hot summers, long dresses, dewy skin and cocktails by the pool.
Infact, think long, summer evening walks, freshly cut grass and bouquets of flowers.
That should give you some idea of how delicious the scent is. 


Just what gives this product its delicious smell?
Limonene, Sweet Almond Oil, Bergamot and Grape Oil. To name a few.
Sanctuary pride themselves for using only natural plant extracts and essential oil's to fragrance this product.


In fact, I put it to Sanctuary to create their first ever fragrance and use this scent as it's top note! They have captured summer in a tube with this product. Feeling the winter blue's again since the sun seem's to have left us? Give this product a try! RuthE


To truly appreciate the luxurious scent of this product, apply a little to your hand, massage it in and let the oils contained diffuse......



Now, I am not going to lie.

It is a little too warm for my skin tone. But, I am extremely fair. Im talking NC15 fair. Think Liv Tyler. Without the stunning bone structure, bee stung lips or raven hair.
I can appear so light over the winter I have been known to look almost transparent....



I always swatch on white paper. This photograph has not been altered. This is the true colour of the Light to Medium colour. This is the lightest colour Sanctuary do in their BB Cream.


Many companies have only 2 or three colours. Not catering for the very Pale or very Dark. It's like stepping back in time from when the first foundations were made or before MAC existed. Two or three colours for all.

Hmmmm.


Now, with the extra ordinary, guest appearance ( one week only ) of some thing called, the sun? Last week. I felt compelled to search out my Fake Bake, and attempt the bronzed godess look.

So, with my skin a little warmer than usual, Sanctuarys BB cream in Light to Medium was just right for my skin.
I would say with fake tan, I can range from a NC20 - 25.

Now, taking into account, I like full coverage. Any girl who likes her foundation and powder will know where I'm coming from.
I think my own obsession with full coverage foundation stems from my acne ridden teenage years, which have clearly left emotional as well as physical scars.

On holiday, with the sun, fresh fruit and lots of water, I love the look of my skin and for one time a year only, out comes the tinted moisturiser. This is a rare occurance, and never happens here in England...

BB Cream's are not a foundation. They are similiar in texture to a tinted moisturiser, with a little more coverage.

Could I get used to this type of coverage?



Sanctuary BB Cream. A little camera shy... Doesn't like the flash button



Now, the Sanctaury BB Cream can be used alone, or as a primer under makeup.

I tried both. As a primer it worked really well. It gave good staying power of the makeup and as a base created a lovely glow to the foudation. Using it as a base actually made the foundation I applied after, look alot fresher and fuller in coverage than I had anticipated.
As it does even out skintone, less foundation is needed.

So, for my next trick I decided to completely step out of my comfort zone. I decided today to wear just the BB Cream with a little blush and this seasons bright orange lipstick.
What was I thinking?

I actually received a few compliments at work. It's a very different look for me.
But using just these few products my skin looked youthful, plumped and dewy.


BB Cream's are great for quick application and a natural, dewy look to the skin. RuthE





No animal's were harmed during the making of this cream....
 


The texture of the product is rich, buttery and silky. After applying it to your skin it leaves the most glorious glow which doesn't seem to go flat. As with many illuminator's, I have personally found, they either give a fantastic glow to start, then within minutes the some what fantastic results, vanish.
Or the 'glow' that is guaranteed resembles more 'face has been dipped in a frying pan' as a pose to a delicate sheen.

This product does give a healthy glow from within which lasted throughout the day. The Silica contained is what help's absorb excess oil's on the skin, so you won't be left greasy faced.
The product also contains Glycerin, which is a 'moisture magnet' for skin. Great for drier skins.



So the benefit's if you invest in this product?

  • As well as providing a sheer to medium coverage, it's great to know this fab product also has so many skin boosting/moisturising benefits.
  • Its smells like summer and freshly cut grass.
  • Perfect size for your handbag, Perfect handbag accessory. Great for travel. Pop some on after that long flight......
  • Clean, crisp packaging.
  • Be the envy of everyone with gorgeous, undeniable sun kissed skin. 
  • Luxurious feel. Rich, buttery texture.  
  • Your skin will not look oily, nor matte, Just healthy.   
  •  Even's out skin tone
  • Why is it called a 'Brightening Facial?' A low form of Hyaluronic Acid naturally rejevenates the complexion. Iridescent powder illuminate the skin.


Any downsides?
Nothin major, no.

  • If you are very fair, the lightest colour will be too warm for you.
  • If you are used to fuller coverage makeup, it will take some getting used to. It is a tinted balm after all.
  • I would recommend a little concealer after application for more of a ruddy skin tone, or tenacious spots.


This product would be just perfect for your upcoming holiday. A pleasure to use, with it's delicate, citrus fragrance and rich satisfying consistency. RuthE


So, have I been converted?
I doubt I will ever turn my back on my security blanket, full coverage foundation. But I will definetely be keeping this gorgeous smelling, (summer skin in a tube) BB Cream, in my own personal makeup kit.
It's a perfect product for those hot summer day's when you don't want to apply a foundation that within an hour will have turned into a greasy mess and slid off your face.

In fact this product would be ideal for the summer bride who does not like alot of makeup and want's that typical 'bridal' glow.
Check out Part one of my Bridal Makeup for other tips on creating that perfect Bridal makeup.
http://rutheblogger.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/here-comes-bride.html


Have you used this product? Do you already use a BB Cream? If so, which one. Do you know of any that cater for very fair or darker skin tones?

Sanctuary. I love this word, as much as I love this brand.
Invest in some of their products today, allocate yourself a couple of hours ( book the bathroom ) and have yourself some 'me' time....

Buy Sanctaury BB Cream here.
http://www.thesanctuary.co.uk/skin-perfecting-bb-cream-spf-15-light-to-medium-details.htm

Also available in Medium to Dark
Boots Stores also stock Sanctuary products.
Priced at £14.99

Create envious summer skin, try Sanctuary BB Cream. RuthE

RuthE 
x

Comments

  1. Thank you for this! I'm going to give it a go. I wasn't sure about it before but it seems like it'd be great for those days when a full face of make up isn't needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome! I was a bit dubious until I tried it. When we get some sun, maybe some time in August, it would be perfect!
    RuthE
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds really good might have to try this for the summer! :) great review, I'm following :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Holly.
    Glad you liked the review.I wish it was summer now! Thankyou for the follow on twitter, following you back :)
    RuthE
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have an amazing blog, and great review!

    I am now following you, hope you will visit my blog and return the favor =) Thanks so much!
    JustTututiny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankyou for the read and lovely comment. Now following you back :)
    RuthE
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Ruth!

    I've nominated you for an award :) http://xxmakeupbyhollyxx.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/blogger-appreciation-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. really good review, i'm the same i'd rather full coverage bb creams are just not for me

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thankyou for the comment Hannah.
    It's a lovely product. Great for a BB Cream fan. I'm still too attached to my Studio Fix Liquid Foundation and Studio Fix Powder!
    RuthE
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a great blog very interesting reading

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thankyou Cheryl. Just had a look at your profile. Never heard of Celebrity Skin before, looks interesting. Some of the brands look really great.
    RuthE
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh, I've been looking for a BB cream to try.

    Just wanted to stop but and let you know I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. Check it out here - http://the-glow-down.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been looking everywhere for a good bb cream - so thanks for the reccomendations!
    got any tips for a beauty blogger just starting out? i'm kind of new at this and you seem like you have it all figured out :)
    love the blog <3
    xo Georgie
    http://georgiesglambition.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Georgie :)
    Thank you for your lovely comments! Glad you like the post and blog!
    I'd still say I was relatively new to all this!
    I think it help's I love makeup, and all things beauty. I have been working as a makeup artist for over ten years now! I love makeup!
    I just write about what I love, whatever products they are. I think it shows in your posts if you are really passionate about something. When I have really loved a product it has come across in my writing. These are always the most viewed posts.
    I had a look at your blog. It looks great hun, really great. I love your KONAD nail post. I have some nail posts coming up soon...ish :) Now following you.
    RuthE X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts